Correctional Dental Provider Network (CDPN), a partnership with MHM/Centurion of Florida, is proud to introduce as our dental services subcontractor for Florida Department of Corrections. Centurion of FL/CDPN provides quality dental services to over 70,000 inmates throughout the state of Florida.
Come Grow With Us! We are currently seeking a Full-Time (Monday-Friday) Dental Assistant to join our Team at Central Florida Reception Center located in Orlando, Florida.
Shift: Monday – Thursday 6am-3pm, Fridays 6am-12pm
- Under direct supervision, assists the dentist and/or dental hygienist in chairside dentistry in a correctional setting.
- Prepares dental instruments and the dental operatory.
- May perform administrative tasks.
- Prepares and maintains dental operatory and instruments and disinfects and sterilizes dental instruments in compliance with accepted infection control procedures.
- Operates radiographic equipment to obtain dental radiographs of patients.
- Assists the dentist by providing direct chairside technical support processes.
- Follows all safety/risk management practices in performing duties.
- Follows all applicable security procedures and performs routine clerical functions for the dental facility.
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and a supportive team environment!
- High school diploma or GED required
- Completion of a technical school program in dental assisting or six months of experience as a dental assistant required
- Certification as an expanded duty dental assistant
- Certification and/or previous experience performing dental x-rays
- Must maintain current tuberculosis screening documentation and active CPR certification
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and obtain agency security clearance where applicable
- Experience in a correctional setting preferred